This is an article posted on FOXNEWS.com Thursday. Just thought I'd share...
"The University of Notre Dame is not the only Catholic institution raising eyebrows when it comes to President Obama. Officials at Georgetown University covered a monogram symbolizing the name of Jesus because it was inscribed on the stage where the president spoke Tuesday. The White House asked for all symbols to be covered at the lecture hall.
Georgetown University spokeswoman Julie Green Bataille tells Cybercast News "the White House wanted a simple backdrop... consistent with what they've done for other policy speeches."
The monogram "IHS" — which comes from the Greek for Jesus — was covered with a triangle of black-painted plywood. Catholic League president Bill Donohue says: "The cowardice of Georgetown to stand fast on principle tells us more than we need to know... but the bigger story is the audacity of the Obama administration to ask a religious school to neuter itself before the president speaks there."
But... get this....
President Removes Shoes in Turkish Mosque
Really? Why is he going into a Mosque anyways? And Turkey? Turkey isn't our friends/ally; they can't stand The USA. He removed his shoes to pay respect? UGH, I wish somebody would have taken his shoes and thrown them at him!... For George Bush's sake! :) hahaha!
12 years ago
4 comments:
I hadn't heard about that. I have to say it's quite distubing. Especially at a religious university. I'm surprised they didn't cover it with a pentagram. I guess respect is only needed for anyone besides a Christian.
what a jerk (refering to our wonderful president)! ooops did i say that out loud! hee,hee,hee!
That is really disappointing about Georgetown. Also quite disturbing that the Obama administration felt that was a good plan . . . . Yikes!
Oh no, I've been missing out on all your wonderful blogging. Well, I guess I'll just have to come visit your blog without the prompts now from my status page. I think I can handle that :)
Post a Comment