Monday, February 1, 2010

Car Rides & Cute Kids

On our way home the other day I had some chocolate covered nuts in the car and gave Valerie one.  She sucked all the chocolate off of it first and starting chewing up the nut. Then she decided she didn’t like it and wanted to spit it out. I had no napkins or tissues in the car and told her to just swallow it and we’d get her a drink when we got home. But she refused. She said she really didn’t like it so she was just going to hold it in her mouth and spit it out when we got home. Ummm, okay.


“Just eat it so you don’t have to taste it anymore.”

“No, I don’t like it I'm going to spit it out.”

So there we sat driving in the car while she held a chewed up nut in her mouth because she thought it was yucky and didn’t want to swallow it. I tried talking to her a lot in the car so maybe she would forget about it and in mid conversation she would hopefully swallow it. She finally did as we pulled onto our street and could see our house.

=========================================

Here’s a small conversation Savannah and I had in the car this weekend.

Savannah: “Mom, doesn’t it make you feel so cool that you have been alive 30 years?”

Me: "Thanks for the reminder-- and no I don’t feel cool I wish I’ve only been alive 20 years.”

She doesn’t understand, but maybe one day she will…



And one day Valerie will understand that if you just swallow the yucky food you won’t have to hold it in your mouth for 30 minutes until you get home.



Precious, isn't it? 

4 comments:

Stacey said...

You have the sweetest girls!!!!

Jesse, Christa and Marshall said...

I love those stories. I told Jesse them last night over dinner and he got a kick out of them.

Meagan said...

So funny!
I absolutelt love when kids sleep!!! It's the best moments.

Katie said...

It's universal--no kid understands the swallowing concept! But it IS way cool to have been alive 30 years! You're still young, but way smarter than a 20 year old. That's what my mama told me :) How precious is Savannah?!