Monday, June 25, 2012

Jesse James and the Pony Express

The next few posts will include our family's road trip across country.
 We made our move from coast to coast!



So on our roadtrip towards Georgia we saw on our way we could make a small detour and see Jesse James museum and the home he was shot and killed at.  It was my job to find the address while Richard drove.  I'll have you know I took us right to the place.  The only bad thing is I didn't check the dates and time it was open. DOH!  Lucky for us, however, the Pony Express museum was right next door. Also known as Patee House museum.  Score!!!  This was a way cool museum. We were there for over 3 hours.





So how long did the Pony Express last? Who was the youngest rider? Where did it start and where did it end? How many horses did they use? How long did each rider ride and where did they rest? What about the weather, Indians and robbers? How much did it cost?  Who was John Patee?  etc, etc,etc.  


Those are some really great questions and questions we found answers to at the museum.  Bummer I don't remember most of those answers without googling them.  Oh well, enjoy our pictures we got.... :)



Toy Store Exhibit.  The button on the banister turned the merry go round you can see on display.


Louis' first merry go round thrill!  

The museum had some fun posters and exhibits for kids.  




I didn't take this last picture but the huge ball of string was cool. 
 Also pictured is this carriage hearse on display.

0 comments: