Wednesday, September 24, 2008

What's grosser than gross?

Have you ever heard the "what's grosser than gross" jokes? Well mine is not so much of a joke. But maybe one day we can laugh about it.

Last night at 2:00 a.m. Savannah came to my bed to tell me she had a tummy ache. I told her to just get in bed with me and try to sleep. (Richard is gone for the hunt so we could share the bed) 30 minutes later she rolled over and cried, "mom" just in time to throw up all over.

I screamed and ran us both right to my bathroom. I put her over the toilet to finish. And I put myself in the shower to wash all the puke off of me. It was down my neck, down my arm all the way down my pajamas. After I showered and scrubbed down a couple of times ;) I put Savannah in the shower to get it out of her hair and off of her face!

I spent the next hour washing blankets and sheets and even had to get the steam vac out and steam clean parts of my carpet. (there was a trail to the bathroom.)

During all of this Valerie heard us and woke up wide eyed and bushy tailed ready for the day! I opened windows, turned the fan on and we opted to go lay down on the couches in the living room. I heard Savannah the rest of the night run to the bathroom every 30 minutes, bless her heart. As yucky as this incident was, it's amazing the things we can and will do for our kids; even as much as letting them throw up on us if need be. I also can't believe I can love somebody so much as my children.

Thank you Grandma Mare for coming over to watch my kids this morning with just a moments notice. You always pull through whenever your needed and we sure appreciate you.

6 comments:

Stacey said...

OMGosh,
That really sucks and at 2am it is even worse.... Thank God He gave us the unconditional love we feel toward our children!!! (and Runnning Hot Water)
I will be praying that Savannah gets feeling better. Hopefully it is just one of those 24 hour things.

Tiffany Walker said...

Oh dear, that sounds awful! Throw up is one thing, but when it is on you...even worse. Poor little Savannah. I hope she feels better and you can all get some good sleep tonight!

Your story reminded me of when you slept over at my house one time and you got sick. Luckily it all landed in the pillow, but I can still remember my dad carrying that pillow down the hallway. I felt so bad for you because you had to go home in the middle of the night! Sorry to rehash a not so pleasant memory.

Jesse, Christa and Marshall said...

I hope she's feeling better for her birthday party. You're a good mom. Too bad Richard missed out on it. Marshall missed Valerie yesterday. I could have used her to entertain Marshall for me.

Fisher Family said...

Tiffany

Do you know how many times that night has replayed in my head since Savannah puked on me! I didn’t think you’d remember that so I didn’t say anything, but I remember it!

Your poor parents had to clean up puke that wasn’t even their own child. EWWWWWW! That’s why I call Eileen one of my second moms! 

Tiffany Walker said...

Oh ya I remember it. It is one of my most favorite memories...okay, not really. But, a good one! I hope no one else gets sick. It is hard when your hubby is out of town. You are a trooper! I know my mom claims you as one of her own too! Heck, we are the Rigonson sisters right! Hey, I heard Michelle is getting married. How exciting.

Camilla said...

Jill, don't we know what you mean as parents! I don't even know how many times I have had to get out of bed and help really gross situations with my kids over the last 9 years. And yes, the love never does die, does it?