Thursday, December 3, 2009

Suga.. Ahhhh Honey-Honey..

I am addicted to bakers blogs.  Specifically cupcake, cookie decorating, and cake decorating blogs.  I've even got brave enough to create my own delightful desserts.  So I thought I'd share my own cupcake creations.  The first cupcakes I attempted were Key Lime Pie Cupcakes.  They were pretty good.  I used a yellow cake mix and made Key Lime frosting.  I just used a basic buttercream frosting and instead of flavoring with vanilla I flavored with lime juice and added lime zest.  I wanted to go for a graham cracker crust but I didn't have any graham crackers at the house so i did without this time.  Excuse the pictures.. these were taken with my camera phone.  There's rumor that I'm getting a new digital camera for christmas so my pictures will one day will be a much better quality pic.  For now you get bad lighting and not very many pixels!  :)  Savannah loved these and wants me to make them again.  I piped the frosting with a star tip and they turned out pretty cute too. 



The next cupcake recipe I put together was a chocolate cupcake with peanut butter filling and chocolate cream chese frosting!  I think I died and went to peanut butter heaven that night!  WOW; these were so tasty.  This time I took fun pictures throughout the entire process.  I used a basic chocolate cake mix.  The peanut butter filling I piped in the center of the cupcakes were a peanut butter and powdered sugar concotion with cream cheese, vanilla extract, and milk for thinning.  After the cupcakes cooled I filled a piping bag and pushed the tip down in the center of the cupcake and the filling piped quite nicely.  The frosting was a basic cream cheese frosting that I added cocoa powder to-- to make it chocolatey.  And it was mighty nice.  I wish you were all here to help me taste test.  Maybe next time.  :)



4 comments:

Stacey said...

GO JILL!!!! Those look really great! Hey you can get a really nice effect by using a ziplock bag for buttercream icing. just cut off the tip and pipe on a swirl. It really looks professional.
By the way all the family pics look great!

Jesse, Christa and Marshall said...

Those chocolate peanut butter cupcakes look so good! How about you send a little your pregnant sister-in-law's way? For the babies of course.

Katie said...

Go Jill--who'd have thought you would become a baker?!

Camilla said...

I confess, i love food too, reading about it then going for the kitchen! I love to read cookbooks though, don't spend much time on blogs.=)
Congrats on the culinery accomplishments!