And no it's not Dallas! (that was for you, Shane)
This fall our family went to the Grantsville, Cowboys Home football games. It was so fun to go as a family. One of the games Savannah got to cheerlead at halftime. She went to some of the cheerleader clinics, learned some cheers and a dance and performed for the crowd. She did so good. Another time during the game the power went out for about 20 minutes. It was pitch black at first. You couldn't see anything until our eyes adjusted. At first I thought somebody had pulled off a good prank, but come to find out there was a part of Grantsville that lost all power. They were able to fix the problem, the lights came back on, and they were able to finish the game. Phewwsh, good thing because we hosted Tooele and we were winning! :)
We went to the games with our good friends, the Harris'. I took pictures all season long. Here are some of the pictures I got.
This Picture I took of Kaylee and Savannah when the power went out.
This last picture has a story behind it... My family will be able to appreciate this one....
I don't know this man, and I had to be really sneaky to get his picture. We sat by him a couple times during the football season and I had to chuckle at him each time. When I was little my Grandpa Rigtrup had an indian figurine hanging up on his wall. It had a long tie and if you tugged on his tie he would spit water at you and laugh and laugh and laugh! This man was that indian in human form. I mean he was identical;-- looked just like him. Each time we saw him at the games Richard looked at me and just shook his head.
And I giggled!
(but don't let Richard kid you, he is the one that took the picture for me.) But in his defense he was against it the whole time because I told him I was going to blog about this man and that I had a great story) But it brought back great memories of my grandma and grandpa. My only regret is that I somehow couldn't fandangle a head on picture. :)
Happy Football Season everybody!
2 comments:
I love High School football. Looks like a lot of fun. I can't believe how beautiful Savannah is getting.
"Ahahahahaha, Ahahahaha, Ahahahahah....spit!" That is hilarious!!! He really does look like him! (I just got your text this morning, must have missed it the other night) That is one thing I loved about our A.F.house, we could hear the Highschool football games...however could have done without the band practicing in the summer bright and early!!
Post a Comment