Sunday, November 1, 2009

Pirates and Cowgirls and Candy, oh my!




This was our Halloween in a nutshell.  I got up Saturday morning and made the best chili on my resume'.  I mean who in their right mind doesn't have chili on Halloween.  It was so yummy.  I think it ranked up there with my mom and grandma Gomez chili.  We invited Richards grandma and grandpa Fisher to come enjoy our lunch with us and she brought breadbowls that looked like pumpkins.  They were so cute I had to take pictures...




But I had to get even more festive and take a picture of them by a caldron.  lol.





Halloween was such a pretty day outside.  The kids could actually show off their costumes and not have to get bundled up. Savannah was a Pirate complete with sword and Jack Sparrow eye makeup.  Valerie was thrilled to be a cowgirl;  and she let everyone know when she knocked on their door. 



Richard was dressed up as........... well.................  Himself!...







People in our neighborhood don't have many trick or treaters so they go all out and my kids made bank after just 4 or 5 houses. After we went to some of our neighbors we went trick or treating at our friends house in Stansbury. We finished the night at Richards parents for a massive plate of spaghetti and good old halloween fun! Happy Halloween everybody. (and as for my scary halloween story, I think there is part of a ghost lurking around in one of my pictures outside trying to hide themselves... Can you find it?)

Now tune in to Kosy 106.5 for your favorite Christmas Carols.  ;)  Now is when I get to start saying Happy Holidays and not a moment too soon in my book!

2 comments:

Julie Laycock said...

I am jealous your kids will eat chili! Their costumes are way cute... we missed you guys on Halloween but glad you had a good one!

Tiffany Walker said...

Cute costumes. Your kids are spitting images of you and Richard...Savannah is you and Valerie is Richard. So very cute. I can't go trick-or-treating without thinking of you!