Saturday, October 24, 2009

Having a ball! A Harvest Ball!

We carved our pumpkins today.  It was going really well until we started.  :(   Savannah was going to carve her pumpkin and I was going to help Valerie.  Savannah let Valerie pick a pattern we were going to transfer to the pumpkin to carve and I was okay with it.  She picked one with a monster looking out the window.  That should have been my first clue.  I should have done something easier rather than something Valerie had no idea what it actually was. 

So I was almost done, and let me stress that it was just a plain wreck.  I got frustrated and wrecked the monsters face in.  (I mean, he was giving me a dirty look afterall)  So I thought how I could fix it because now at this point I had a big empty square in my pumpkin.  Why couldn't have I done 3 triangles and a smiley face with a tooth.  And then it hit me... I could carve 3 triangles a smiley face and a tooth.  Valerie would just be pleased as punch!  So that's exactly what I ended up doing.  I turned my pumpkin to the side did ma thang and there you have it.  A jack-o-lantern.  Who would have thought that a jack-o-lantern was the way to go.  I need to stick to the basics. 

Savannah totally showed me up. I mean I'm kindof embarrassed.  She carved a mummy face and she did a fantastic job!  In the picture below you can even see the spider she did last weekend with some friends.  Anyhow, Valerie was just happy for her jackolantern and next year i'll just stick to the basics. 

Happy Halloween!




3 comments:

Jesse, Christa and Marshall said...

Savannah kicks butt at carving pumpkins. Something started growing in the one I carved with Marshall so it had to go in the garbage. Good job with the pumpkins!

Katie said...

Whoa, miss artsy Savannah! I'm impressed. I think your jack turned out super cute sideways--how brilliant! I love the girls snuggling on the step. Too cute!

Jennie said...

Nice jack-o-lanterns. It is the night before Halloween and ours are still in the garage un-carved! I actually prefer it that way other than Queston keeps asking me when we are going to carve them!