A cure to get rid of my flat, dull, burnt, greasy-bottom-disk-like, nasty chocolate chip cookies. This has become an annoyance and an obsession that I would like to just finish already. When I was picking out my kitchen appliances I was given the option to have a regular oven or the convection oven. Ofcourse I chose convection because now I could make the perfect, golden chocolate chip cookie... right?!? (I need a glass of milk just thinking about it)
I have used margarine, I have used butter, I have used shortning, I've used self rising flour, all-purpose, wheat flour, bleached flour. I have chilled the dough, froze the dough, let sit at room temperature. My next factor might include a new pan. I might be using the wrong baking pan! Saturday night I decided to buy the Betty Crocker cookie dough mix and just add 1 egg and one stick of butter! Okay--Valerie wouldn't even eat the cookie and Savannah waited until she saw what batch #2 looked like before she tried one. Richard asked for extra milk on the side!
I consider myself to be a good baker; I make a mean sugar cookie and better than sex pie! But for some reason I cannot make not even a great but good chocolate chip. I have 1 recipe that is waiting for me to try from Desiree and if it doesn't work I just might have to have a 1 on 1 lesson from either Jennie, Laura, or Des. (They make killer chocolate chip cookies) Or I could track down Phoebe and get her grandmothers secret recipe. Eileen O.--If your reading this... you might have to send me one of your killer recipes! Seriously presentation is almost everything when your talking chocolate chip cookies and I think i've put up a clean, fair fight. I will continue to go the rounds with my bitter batter until I am happy about the results. I just hope it will be sooner than later because I'm going on 9 years!
12 years ago
7 comments:
Jill, next time add 1/2 cup more flour to your recipe. Sometimes just adding a little more flour gives you a rounder softer cookie. Good Luck!
Jill try the Ultimate chocolate chip cookie recipe from crisco the thing is you have to use milk chocolate chips and you have to bake them for a short amount of time they will look puffy and almost not done cooking but after they cool you will have the most weonderful cookie ever. oh also if this does not work you might want to lower the oven temp a bit.
My husband is a Chocolate Chip cookie fanatic. The best recipe we have found is from America's test kitchen...if you want I can email the recipe to you and see how it rates among the others.
I know this has been a life long quest for you (at least as long as I have known you). Sorry but I don't have any advice. My cookies are not anything too special either. I like reading all the other tips though.
Are you kidding??? Me and my little brother Rusty and my dad all use the same recipe, guess where we got it??? from the Rigtrups...we even call them "the Rigtrup's chocolate chip cookies"!!! we make them all the time and they turn out perfect all the time! I never could make cookies until I used this recipe from your family! I'll e-mail it to you if you want, or I'm sure Traci has it too! :)-
Hand it back over, Sally! That is halarious. Now that you mention it I have a recipe called Sally's Brownies! It's the bomb.
I don't know, I'm starting to think that it's just not my thing. I wonder if it's the same recipe that Jennie has; hers are super nummy! alright, email it to me... I'm on a mission!
Where the heck have you been?!? I use the recipe Sally is talking about, I'm pretty sure that is the one Jennie uses too. I don't think you can screw that recipe up! Would you get the recipe already and try it out!
Post a Comment