Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Happy Independence Day!

We had a great 4th. It started with me doing a 5K in Grantsville and I'm happy to say I now have my personal best; beat my old time by three and a half minutes! Yay for running!

My family, inlaws, and Harris's went to the Grantsville Parade. It was a hit! Look at all the candy Savannah and Kaylee got. Hudson got so much he filled his entire ball cap.




Here is the family enjoying the parade.



Valerie is deciding if she wants to open her candy or watch the parade.... She's her mothers daughter!


After the parade we went to Dick and Lisa's for a bbq, swimming, a bounce house, and horse rides! Yes, even the adults got in on all the action...

Here Richard is the king of the gloves for the day!




I don't remember if Richard or Kourtnee won the watermelon seed spitting contest. "here's how we do it in the south...," she would say!

It seems like the entire day we hangout in anticipation for what's really on everyone's minds (besides the grubbin we do).... The fireworks!






Happy Independence Day America! Land of the free home of the brave! And brave we are indeed.

3 comments:

Camilla said...

So glad you all had such a great time! Happy 4th to you too.

Stefanie said...

Looks like you all had a fun time!

Tiffany Walker said...

What a fun 4th of July! I love my 4th of July memories with your family. I hope my kids can have as much fun on the 4th as we did!